Thursday, June 28, 2012

Birchbox June 2012

I finally broke down and subscribed to Birchbox.  Although I love my BeautyBar subscription for skincare samples, I wanted a subscription with variety. I love how Birchboxes are themed and are made up of lifestyle, cosmetic and skincare samples.

This month's "Jet Set" Birchbox was travel themed.  My box consisted of the following:


The designer Band-Aids from Cynthia Rowley are adorable. I'm glad I got them in my box because I would never pay 15$ for them at the pharmacy.  It's a fun little "Life Style" extra.

I'm excited to try the brightening mask from Masquelogy (at home, not during my next flight ;)) and the Likewise SPF 50 moisturizer will come in handy on my next trip to San Diego.  I love travel size skincare because I hate decanting my stuff into plastic containers.

I'm always happy to try another blush. The Balm's Stainiac in Beauty Queen is a nice sheer watermelon color. I'd probably use this on my lazy days where I don't want to wear full makeup and just want a touch of color on my cheeks.
I've never heard of Ada Cosmetics, so it will be fun to try something new. The sample sent was a mineral style bronzer, it seems similar to Bare Escentuals.  I'm not that crazy about loose powders though, they are hard to use and always end up making a mess.  The bronzer was a little shimmery and orange on my skin but I think I can make it work as an eyeshadow.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...