Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fairydrops Candy Bar BB Cream - swatches

So I finally succumbed to the BB cream fad. I have tested some at the duty free shops in Seoul during my last trip abroad but I found that they were all way to light and grey for me. I couldn't see how they were supposed to be a "one size" fits all type of cream.

Recently I was browsing through PrettyandCute and and I came upon the Fairydrops BB cream.  Reviews said that this was the one BB cream that would suit NC30 and up.  So when PrettyandCute offered a 20% discount during July, I decided to take the plunge.

According to the package, this is a high-tech treatment BB cream that makes you photogenic and telegenic :) It contains 5 kinds of treatment essences in it (although they don't say what type of treatment essences) and it contains micro-gold pearls that will hide scars and freckles. It's water proof formula will also prevent your skin from becoming oily and shiny.  The finish is supposed to look like that of a soft focus powder which uses light diffusion to hide wrinkles and make your skin appear smooth.

 They have an interesting spong applicator that's attached to the dispenser, I have used it yet so I can't tell you if it's good or not. I prefer to use a foundation brush that I can wash after each application.
 Swatches of both colors Light Ochre and Ochre with flash.
Swatches of both colors on my skin in natural light. I'm pretty sure I'm an NC30 in MAC and both colors can work for me. 

Before and after the BB cream (no powder or concealer).  I used Ochre in this case. In pictures it looks fine and it does what it claims but in person I felt that the BB cream looked heavy, like I caked it on.   I need to play with the application a little more before I can decide if I really like it.  Maybe it will look better if after I put the rest of my face on ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...